Sunday, November 20, 2011
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Saturday, August 6, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
1. Where did Nick start using his new word?
Friday, April 8, 2011
- Of the three lists of students mentioned on page 1, to which list did Nick Allen belong?
2.Who was making the “peep” sound in class? Who did Mrs. Avery think it was?
3.What subject does Mrs. Granger teach?
4.What made Mrs. Granger famous? What did Mrs. Granger love?
5. What was the first thing the students did in Mrs. Granger’s class?
6. What was Nick known for in class?
7. What was Nick’s question to Mrs. Granger? How did Mrs. Granger answer Nick’s question?
Sunday, April 3, 2011
After reading the rest of Hachiko Waits, answer the following questions in complete sentences. Remember to use text evidence when necessary and write your name on your comment!
After reading chapters 7-8, answer the following questions in complete sentences. Remember to use text evidence when necessary.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Read chapters 1-2, then answer the following questions when you post a comment. Remember to include your own thoughts, feelings, opinions, and questions. You must respond to comments made by at least 1 other book club member.
1. It's obvious Tom has a crush on Courtney because he frequently daydreams about saving her life. Why do you think Tom imagines he is a superhero, and what do you think of his "small powers" he chooses for himself? Why do you think he chose "small powers"?
2. If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why? Would you choose small powers?
3. What do you think of Tom's bestfriend Jeff? What character trait would you use to describe him & why? Support your answer with text evidence.
4. What do you think of Mrs. Tracey's plan to hold an election for class president? Would you run for class president?
5. Mrs. Tracy ends the chapter 5 (pg.28) saying "There's something you need to know about Jessica..." What do you think she means? **If you have read ahead, please don't answer this question.
6. Do Tom's classroom and classmates seem similar to our class? Why or why not.